Thursday 24 September 2015

Traveling to MATRADE

I applied to attend a symposium at MATRADE Exhibition and Convention Centre, Jalan Sultan Hj Ahmad Shah, 50480 Kuala Lumpur and this posting is a result of my research for the trip.

When I was staying in Kuala Lumpur for about 20 years, I had never step foot on this location or the surrounding areas. So, this visit should have been a first for me. Since I am not staying in Kuala Lumpur anymore, the best option for me to reach MATRADE is usng the public transport.

There are three options to reach the centre viz, taxi, bus, train/walk. Using the taxi or Grabcar / Uber service is easy since you just step in and tell the driver your destination, I am not going to explain abut this option.

I checked the internet for previous postings and advise on how to go to the centre so that I will not get lost. It is very important for you to do a search and research before traveling to any destination to save time, money and maybe your own safety too.

The best starting point for visitors to Kuala Lumpur to reach out locations within or outside, is KL Sentral. Its the meeting point for inbound KTM trains and this station replace the old Kuala Lumpur Railway Station. KL Sentral is also the last station for ERL services from KLIA and KLIA2. On the other side it is also the first station for ERL and  ERL transit to KLIA and KLIA2.

Now to go to MATRADE from KL Sentral the cheapest alternative is using the monorail and RapidKL bus.

I found this journey planner by myrapid that help me to chart out the route.  Use this  rapidkl webpage journey planner to fon other routes serviced by Rapid KL.


I list down two options available for the journey. If you take OPTION 1, the LRT is available within KL Sentral itself but have to change to Ampang Line at Mesjid Jamek Station. OPTION 2  is using the monorail that goes straight to Pekeliling station before transfering to the Rapid KL bus service.

The monorail station is located at Bricksfield and you have to walk through NU Sentral to the station. Either option you choose, the fare is the same.

OPTION 1 - Using the Kelana Jaya Line LRT service


OPTION 2 - Using the Monorail



The travel plan above was reproduced from the RAPID KL website. On Google map the above data transfered into this. Starting point is as KL Sentral.

No comments:

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......