Wednesday 5 November 2014

I Saw My Hometown From The Air

Its quite a good opportunity for me to request for a starboard side window seat during a flight from Alor Setar to Kuala Lumpur recently. The sky was clear that contribute to the ability for me to snap the photos from the air.
 When I taught Geography to my students while I was still teaching those days, one of the characteristics of a low lying area is the river meanders. Kedah plain is very flat with fertile soil, thus enable it to be the rice bowl of Malaysia.

Alor Setar City Centre with Pekan Rabu and Holiday Villa visible.

Gunung Jerai, the highest point in Kedah. Gunung Jerai has its own history in the early days as a historical landmark that lead to the civilization around it. 

View of Taman Jubli Emas in memory of DYMM Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah at the throne of the Kedah Sultanate. It is located along Jalan Gangsa in Kg Suka Menanti  Gunung Keriang is in the background.
The new Alor Setar Railway Station at the centre of the picture

No comments:

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......