Tuesday 10 July 2012

To Switch Or Not To Switch?

This blog was started in 2006 when I travel around the country on work assignment. Since 1995 when I join the National Sports Council after resigning from my teaching profession, I was assign to carry out and facilitate Sport Science Coaching course and that took me to all state capitals and some other smaller towns. Bandar Seri Begawan in Brunei inclusive. No one knew that I was the only man among the millions of Malaysian who conducted the Sports Science courses single handedly at my office from A to Z. Of course I have my clerk to sort out some paper work and filings. At times I missed the office for two or three consecutive weeks and only my clerk is the link. I just go back to the most the guard house just to change files. 

My work did not trigger me to start blogging but it was Jeff Ooi, now MP for Jelutong who owns Screenshots did. The Tsunami resulting from the Indian Ocean earthquake in 2004 that killed more than 320,000 people in fourteen countries led me to coincidentally stumble upon Jeff's blog. He posted emails sent by a colleague of mine (A canadian who works at NSC) who was in Phuket during the tsunami that aroused me to start blogging. However this blog is not the one that I started with. That particular blog is no more available and considered extinct. LOL. 

I start this .....as I travel, to post and share my experiences while traveling across the country on performing my work.  When I was still serving, I had some time constraint to blog passionately but when I retired, there is not much traveling to write posts. 

I am not a geek and all my knowledge about computer and internet comes through trial and error, a very successful teacher. The nearest to formal skills using the computer is, I was a dropout from a typing class after learning how to type the ASDF  LKJH.........

Even though I have been blogging for the past five years only this year I have my first invitation from a PR company. It was a trip to witness the growing of Legoland Malaysia in Nusajaya, Iskandar Malaysia in Johor. That was the opening opportunity and that was the first time I met two well known travel blogger Hogan Jr who writes at Malaysia Asia and Wilson Ng from places and food.

Now I am juggling between keeping this ....as I travel or switch to my wordpress blog zaharibb.com. I am getting the momentum with this blog. After setting up zaharibb.com. I have migrated the postings from this blog to the new one but if I concentrate on the other blog, I might loose traffic for a while.  Moreover, I am quite well verse with blogger compared to wordpress. You agree or not blogger is more user friendly.

Recently I had the opportunity to join a media group to Raub for the Cuti Cuti 1 Malaysia Sunday Bike Ride 
with Minister of Tourism, YB Dato' Seri Dr Ng Yen Yen. Bedises we are given the opportunity to experience the Off road 4WD outing to Lata Berembun. I have posted this first part of the trip at zaharibb.com



No comments:

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......