Monday 21 August 2006

The Tawau Series - I

Aerial view of Tawau Town

The first time I set foot in Tawau was in 1979 when I attended the Majlis Sukan Sekolah-sekolah Sabah Track and Field meet. All I could remember was I stayed at the SRK Pekan Tawau, sleeping on classroom tables. Then I was one of the coach for Pantai Barat Utara.

In 2005 I step foot on Tawau ground again and stayed at Oriental Hotel also at Jalan Dunlop. During that visit I conducted a course at the navy base, KD Sri Tawau. Well, I was not into blogging yet and therefore have written nothing about the visit.

August 2006 I came to Tawau again for the same reason but at a different place, Institut Perguruan Tawau. This series is about my latest vsit to Tawau.

21 August.
A friend took me and Ong to a restaurant which he said serve something special. It is Ah Bang Restaurant situated on the first floor of a shop house at Sabindo. The row of shop is near the Bank Pertanian Malaysia and opposite Mahkamah Tawau. Food served is just plain white rice and fish in gravy. I ordered the amut (not sure the name is correct) fish (picture below). A set is priced at RM 6.50 and chinese tea is free. My friend Samson who is a local and became our unofficial host took the Ikan Bulu. It tastes nice. Worth trying whenever you visit Tawau.

No comments:

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......