Monday 26 March 2018

TOURISM IN KEDAH? MMMMMM......

Ah, its getting very dusty and cobwebs here and there.

OK, now that I has logged in I want to move on.

I woke up? Hahahaha.....

Those days I have lotsa thing to write about my travel but since my working days are over, most of the times I am at home. Shake leg la. Hehehe......

When I move back to Alor Setar after retirement, I was hoping the Kedah Tourism would be as active as other Tourism Departments in the country and I can help them market their products. Oh no, what are they doing to promote tourism in Kedah?

When Kedah  was under then MB Datuk Seri Mukhriz Tun Mahathir, they had this Discover  Kedah 2016 program, I was on high hope that I can play my part as a citizen to help promote the events. Being a blogger who writes about travel and I think I can play my part, but all goes in vain. Nothing aggressive was done to dessiminate information relating to Discover Kedah 2016 as what other states, for example Johor going all out with their Explore Johor programme. Tourism Johor rope in media and bloggers with FAM Trips so that they have handson experience at tourism attractions in the state.

I believe there are hundreds of freelance bloggers and travel writers in Kedah who can help promote tourism in the state. Just rope them in to help. Roping these freelance writers and social media influencers does not need a big budget or large scale. They are more than happy to be taken to visit places with some "authority" given to them instead of going on their own.

I want to serve contribute to my state where I was born and brought up. I hope Kedah Tourism can be more proactive with tourism promotion and sometimes last year I read Karlisa Latisya brought up about the "cold effort" of Tourism Kedah in promoting place of attraction and interest in Kedah.

No comments:

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......