Sunday 15 November 2009

TGIF Experience @ Pavillion, KL


Today I went out to The Pavillion to 'claim' my winning voucher at TGIF. I won the voucher as one item in the First Prize for week five of Nuffnang Project Alpha blog writing contest. The RM100 voucher at TGIF expires on 16th November and I have only today or Sunday only to go to the city. The weather was not very sunny and signs of raining shows when we are at Lot 10. I always make a point to go to KL city centre on public transport which is more economical compared to driving my car. I saved time and money and the stress of being behind the wheel can be avoided. After all my destination is not far from the nearest Monorail station.

The Pavillion is already in the Christmas mood. The entrance is lined with giant Christmas trees behind Santa Claus's sledge. However I can't see Santa on it. When my son asked where is Santa, I told him that Santa is inside the Pavillion shopping for present to be distributed on Christmas night. The Centre Court too where most of the public activities were also decorated. Their theme for this year's celebration I think is Royale Christmas@Pavillion.


Upon entering the main entrance there is also another Santa Claus's sledge parked but Santa is nowhere to be seen. Just his golden sledge and the deer left.


Dining at International Cuisine Restaurant is a once in a blue moon experience for me not because of  unfamiliar to foreign taste but budget wise. I consider dining in such places are lifestyle of the affordables (not lifetyle of the rich and famous) and I do not fall into that category. Well, I came out with that tag after hanging around at level three- the Al Fresco Dining level.

TGIF @ Pavillion is located on level 6 where there are International Cuisine Restaurants. As we are being seated by the hostess and shown the menu, I reconfirm my new found connotation Lifestyle of the Affordables. The price on the menu just does not fit my pocket and budget. However since I am holding a RM100 dining voucher, I was calculating on what to order that will suit the value of the voucher. Since I do not have the experience of dining at such restaurants, We took some time to make up our mind of what to eat. While choosing the menu, my eyes were looking at the price of each item. Of course, if I were to spend my own money, I don't think I will be willing to patronise that kind of restaurants. I can't afford such price tag. After much consideration, at last I made my choice and called the waiter.
These are what we ordered
1 Grill Salmon    RM35.90

1 Grill Lamb       RM 28.90

1 Kid Burger Steak RM 11.00



1 Large Mango Juice RM 7.90
1 Large Pineapple Juice RM 7.90
1 Kid Vanilla Milk Shake RM 7.90
3 mini Mocha Latte Dessert @ 9.90 (usual RM 3.90 per unit)
  
Subtotal 109.40
10% Service Charge RM 10.95
5% Govt Tax RM 5.47
Rounding Adjustment RM 0.02 -
Total 125.80
Minus the RM 100 voucher and I paid RM25.80 only. I got back a RM 25.00 change from my RM 50.00 bill and,  Waaa.....got discount 80 cents sumore.......


So you see the amount I spent for just one meal for three? Thats why I say its the lifestyle of the affordables.

That was one experience of dining at classy restaurants. Now my next experience will be another high tea experience at Sunway Hotel in Subang. I am still holding the High Tea Voucher with a RM300 value. Thats blogging money

No comments:

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......