Saturday 1 November 2008

Tanjung Bidara Beach Resort

Tanjung Bidara Beach Resort is situated at Tanjung Bidara Beach about 10 km away from the town of Mesjid Tanah and 35 km from Malacca City. One can access the resort from Malacca City through Sungai Udang or from the North South Highway exit at Alor Gajah. Drive along the Alor Gajah Highway towards Malacca City and turn right into Alor Gajah town. Then proceed towards Masjid Tanah and take the old trunk road towards the South. There's a sign board to turn right towards Tanjung Bidara. The resort is managed by IIUM Resorts Sdn. Bhd.

I had stayed at the resort a few times and everytime I arrive, the place gets no better than my previous visit. Too bad the maintenance is poor but I have no choice because I have some business in the Terendak Camp, a stone's throw away from Resort.

There is a small swimming pool together with children's pool. The bad management of the resort is only compensated by the beach nearby. The coffee house too is not much better than the stalls nearby and the price of food does not fit the price. I and my family had no choice of breakfast and three plate of simple fried rice, iced lemon tea, iced milo and black coffee costs RM 26.00. I regreted having breakfast at the coffee house after finding out that the stall next door is open.on the whole my evaluation the resort does not need any commendation. In fact it is worse than any budget hotel. IIUM Resorts management should look into reviving the resort in order not to tarnish the image of Tanjung Bidara and her nice beaches.

No comments:

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......