Monday 8 June 2009

Nostalgic Trip Kudat Kota Marudu, Sabah

I was a teacher in SMK Kota Marudu, Sabah from 1976 - 1980 and when I had the opportunity to revisit the town, it was very nostalgic. I could reacll all the sweet memories of my early life when I start to make a living. When I came to Kudat in May I took the opportunity to go to Kota Marudu and my former student accompanied me.

A satelite map from Google Earth showing the town of Kota Marudu.
Along the was, I saw one Rungus longhouse and how they cope with modern living. Modernisation and traditional can be seen here. See the Astro receiver dish?
This is a view along the road leading to Kota Marudu from Langkon, the junction to Kota Kinabalu, Kota Marudu and Kudat. Mount Kinabalu can be seen in the background.

On the way to Kota Marudu. The bridge crosses over Sungai Bandau. Bandau is the former name of Kota Marudu.
The main roundabout before entering Kota Marudu new township.This roundabout is at the new Goshen town. In the background is the SMK Kota Marudu. I did not have the opportunity to teach in this school because my contract expires in the year before this new school start operating.
The Kota Marudu mosque situated at the Pekan Lama (old town). This Pekan Lama is non existence anymore after it was moved to a new township. It was at this mosque that we congregate for Friday prayers and religuous activities.
This is a community hall. Inside this building, I gather the youth of Kota Marudu for theatre and dance practice for my group "Anak Seni"

No comments:

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......