Monday 19 November 2007

Harbour View - Kuching

Harbour view hotel is one of the most convenient place to stay when you are in Kuching if you are looking for a cheaper alternative place to sleep. Located at Temple street it is near to the waterfront and market street where one can buy local Sarawak handicraft. I was told that the hotel is a favourite for visitors from West Malaysia and one must pre book because it usually full house.

There is also Free WiFi for guest and you can ask for the password from the reception. However during my stay I can't get logged on to the network and the problem is with my laptop not the service I think. However since I subscribe to Celcom Broadband, I have nothing to regret about not being able to get connected to their network. The only thing is that Celcom's signal is not very stable and speed is slow.

Rooms are with breakfast and I can tell that food is excellent and on a rating of 5 I can give 4.5. However there is not much choice for breakfast but with a hotel like it, what more can we expect.

Taxi's is always available and if you want cheaper meals for your lunch or dinner, there's a Malay restaurant just at the back of the hotel. Its Molly's Place and serve excellent Malay food with a reasonable price. Five to ten minutes (depend on your walking speed) away is the waterfront, D place to hang at night. There's food stall but price is quite expensive. Just sit and enjoy a glass of teh tarik. Read more here.

The single standard room with one single bed

The view from my room. Sarawak River and the istana in the background. The dome shaped building in the background is the Kuching North Local Council

If you are a night owl, nightlife is just five minutes away from the hotel. Cafes and Bistro can be found along the road opposite The Hilton. Walk out of the hotel and go left. Walk up the hill and the next junction is the place. If you are the kinky type, you might find transvestites as company (LOL) over there.

No comments:

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......