I was reading this article on NST Flying under the radar and decided to blog about it. It might not fulfill the tittle of this blog but I feel that I can still share places that might interest some of my visiting readers.
Photo taken from the particular article
Some facts I copied from the article
- Bernam River Airfield, is the first airport in the country owned by a private limited company
- Right now, Bernam River Airfield, codenamed WMBR, is just a small five-chalet resort in the middle of nowhere.
- 700m airstrip and a helipad - “luxury” items located on the bank of Sungai Bernam that marks the Selangor-Perak border.
- the airfield is just a 20-minute drive from the Slim River toll plaza,
- a clubhouse, five wooden chalets and a swimming pool.
- The chalets at Bernam River Airfield are basic, equipped only with mattresses, air-conditioners and tiled bathrooms with hot and cold shower.
- There are four standard chalets for two to three guests priced at RM180 per room per night, and one suite that can fit up to six people at RM350 per room per night. All five chalets can fit 20 guests comfortably at a time.
- Guests can dine-in or bring their own food. Since the resort has no kitchen, food is brought in from nearby Kampung SKC.
- For details, call Suren at 012-389 7007 or 05-421 0228, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.bernamriverairfield.com
- Pick-ups — light aeroplane or helicopter — can be arranged from Subang Skypark in Subang, Selangor.
- It costs RM2,500 per flying hour by helicopter and RM700 by plane.
- For those who drive, take the North-South Highway, exit at Slim River and head for the town. Turn right at the old Slim River town heading towards Kuala Slim. From there, go to United Plantations’ Lima Blas Estate and follow the route to Kampung SKC. Bernam River Airfield is right after the village.