Wednesday 24 September 2008

Labuan 21-24 Sept 08 - I Missed My Flight.

Labuan Airport: 5.45 pm. en route to Kuala Lumpur on MH 2609

This is my second time this year I arrive her in Labuan. This short visit is during the fasting month and for me a Muslim the glitches of being here is during the breaking of fast and the sahur. Stayed at Hotel Pulau Labuan II. I have to buy packed food and eat a a restaurant on the first day. For sahur is packed nasi goreng kuning. 

Second day break of fast with Nasi Briyani kambing and as usual a glass of iced lemon tea. Sahur is mee goreng mamak in the middle of the night beside the Blue Wave Lounge. 

OMG!!!!!

Now that I had arrived at Labuan Airport and waiting to check in. My flight as I have been remembering is 7.20 pm. So when the counter is opened, I proceed to check in only to find out that I had made a silly mistake of being careless. I was told by the staff at the counter that my flight was at 5.20 and not 7.20. On the ticket it was 1720 and I just don't know why I made that simple and silly mistake. After been flying since 1973 this is the first time I made that mistake and I am for a time being stranded at the airport. 

Immediately I went to the MAS ticket office to enquire and being told that the next flight will only be the next morning and there is only Business Class. It means that I have to pay the fine for no appearance and the extra upgrading to Business class of RM 430.00. There is no more seat until Sunday since its the weekend and nearing the Aidil Fitri holidays. I jsut can't wait until Sunday. So I decided to try Airasia instead and if the fare is more than I have no choice but to take the business Class and it will be my first time flying Business. 

The Airasia office is closed maybe because of the time of breaking the fast for Muslims. The wait is quite stressful thinking whether there are anymore seat on the 8.50 flight to Kuala Lumpur. The stress increased when the MAS ticketing office is close. And It means if there is no seat on Airasia, I have no choice to fly back to Kuala Lumpur the next morning and that too is not confirmed since the ticketing clerk told me that there is only 3 seats left. Time flew so slow and in my mind I am thinking of the price. 

After seeing one man came out of the sales office that is still close I approached and asked when the office will be open. He said that the office will not be opened and that really shoot up my stress. Then I asked whether there is anymore seat on tonight's flight and the good news came. There are seats. 

I can buy the ticket at the counter and it costs me RM 421 plus RM 10 for luggage. That is cheaper than if I fly Business and above that I have to pay my hotel room for tonight which will be totalling more than RM 500 and going back a day late. 

Now that I had my ticket and checked in, I am waiting for the flight which I was told being delayed. The aircraft was delayed in Macau to Kuala Lumpur. However the delay is not a problem to me anymore since I am able to fly back to Kuala Lumpur tonight. 



No comments:

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......