Sunday 22 April 2007

Terengganu's Ketupat Sotong

When I was in Kuala Terengganu, a friend took me to a seaside resturant to get a taste of 'Ketupat Sotong". It is squid filled with glutinuous rice and cooked in coconut milk. I can't make out the name of the place but it is somewhere in Rusila, nearby the famous Hj. Hadi mosque. If I am not mistaken the restaurant is Restoran Lempeng

UPdate 22 April 07: This month of April, May and June is the squid season and the best activity is "Mencandat sotong" (squid jigging). It is when people go to the sea usually at night to fish for squid and at times it can be an exciting experience for newcomers. Read more here. But am sorry it is in Bahasa Malaysia. View photos here. Read about squid jigging here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, great Enjoyment to travel for your blog, seems to me to be very interesting, more when it allows to see the world from different points of view. Besides the fact that the information about Malaysia is very complete, the truth they have a fantastic country

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......