Monday 18 May 2009

Northern Tip Of Borneo

When I knew that I was going back to Kudat, I set up my objective to visit the northernmost tip of Borneo Island, the third largest island in the world. And my objective achieved. I went with a group of friends on one evening and had the opportunity to catch the sunset too.
Aerial view of Tanjung Simpang Mengayau as seen on Google Map showing the distance from Kudat Town.

Tanjung Simpang Mengayau gets its name from Sampang Mangazo in the Rungus dialect. Its a stretch of beach that ends with a rocky headland. Click the photo below to read more about the place that is considered as the best viewpoint of Simpang Mengayau
Read some history from the photo below that has something to do with the area

  

Thats the northernmost tip of Borneo

This is the tip. The rock at the tip of the Cape. Well, I dare not go to the end because its a bit slippery. 
Just the proof that I have been here. 
This is actually the farthest visitors can go. Going beyond this is at the visitors risk. I and my friends defy this notice and go down to the rocks down. 
View of Simpang Mengayau Beach

Entrance to Tanjung Simpang Mengayau Homestay
Just relax at one of the shelter sipping cool drinks while enjoying the cool breeze and the view of The Sulu Sea. 
The homestay compound
One of the huts at the homestay near Tanjung Simpang Mengayau. This hut can accomodate three person and is priced at RM 100 per unit. 
Souvenirs can be bought at the cafe and souvenir centre at Simpang Mengayau
Sunset viewed from Simpang Mengayau Beach

There are two good hotels in Kudat that is Hotel Ria (You Tube) situated in the town of Kudat and has internet access in the lobby. There is also a cafe on the ground floor with WiFi facilities. Another hotel is the Kudat Golf and Marina Resort located a bit out of town. There is a marina here and sailors can berth here. There is WiFi facilities at the lobby on the first floor and the coffee house on the groundfloor. For budget travellers on shoestring budget, there are some budget hotels in the town. 


No comments:

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......